Saturday, 10 December 2011

Charades!!!! Let's Play!!!

It's Saturday and this is the 4th day of my blogging marathon, I'm still here, posting away... Bloggers are notoriously quiet on Saturdays, they tend to go off and do other things... like have a bath, change their socks, restock the fridge... they filter back to the Blogosphere at 7pm [GMT] on a Sunday evening, refreshed and erudite. I know this, I have watched this phenomenon.
Anyhow, today I promised Mr LX and Nick that we would play charades; I will make this as simple as I can and describe the actions I am performing for each word or syllable and rather than doing the action for film or book etc, I will tell you.... otherwise this will get very silly. Right, here goes, please concentrate and fully engage imagination.

It's a film.

It has 3 words.

First word: I am making a 'T' sign with my index fingers.

Second word: I am stroking my earlobe [sounds like]. I have positioned both of my hands at either side of my head. My index fingers are pointing up, but the tips of these fingers are bent forwards. My body is now bent slightly forward and I am charging towards the wall.

Third word: First syllable: I am now strutting across the room and pointing at my chest area. I have now strutted across the room three times, still pointing at my chest area...

Third word: Second syllable: I am holding my hands together and then moving them apart [this means that I am lengthening the first syllable].

I hope this is clear. You are allowed to ask questions in the comment box, to which I can only answer yes or no.... unless you ask an unrelated question, i.e, Scarlet, what did you have for breakfast this morning? And then I may give you a food related answer.
To aid your efforts I may add a visual clue later in the day, just in case you are struggling.

To get us in the party game mood, here is a totally unrelated Youtube. This IS NOT a clue... yet it sort of fits... but don't let this remark distract you....



****UPDATE****
Wendy has guessed correctly!!! It is now her turn - this is Wendy's charade:-

Here's one, it's a film:

Opens whole hand 4 fingers and thumb.
[Five Words]

Puts hands next to each other, palms facing down, then each hand simultaneously moves to draw a virtual circle.
[Whole thing]

Pulls two dining room chairs and places them next to each other facing forward.


Sits on the right hand chair with hands in front, each clasping an invisible something. Then moves the hands slightly up and down keeping the distance between them the same.


Legs are stretched forward, feet sticking up, gradually lowering the right foot. Turns to look at the left hand chair.


Jumps to the left hand chair and waves left arm around, then picks nose, then moves to put both arms around the neck of the invisible person in the other chair and kisses them.


Well, I think this will have me puzzled for the rest of the day.... Sx

46 comments:

  1. Ooh! I think I know. But my glass is empty and there's a thunderstorm./ Not good to have a PC running (or even a WPC walking) in a thunderstorm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinah: Oh dear! Have I made it too easy?

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it "The Daft Tart"? I haven't seen that film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it "The full monty"? I hope so because I have just been standing in our front room doing the actions you have described to my girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Full Monty! It's the Full Monty! And damm Dick's beaten me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Scruusloos: Good gracious! I am scratching my head and wondering how you translated my actions into a popular bakery product.

    Dicky: You will have to try again... and remember that the first word is a 'sounds like'... people often get in a muddle over this... due to regional accents, no doubt.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Macy: Oh, I see where the muddle is coming from!
    No, ignore the buffalo stance - the buffalo bit IS a bluffalo... though slightly connected...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many syllables in the second word?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy: There is one syllable in the second word.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy: Yes!!! Your turn, your turn!!!
    Or anyone else who would like a turn at charades, then feel free to join in.

    Done in 10 comments!
    The curious thing was that I got to 'Buffalo Stance' via Youtube because I searched for the Dam Busters... Dam Busters led to Bomb the Bass, which led to Neneh Cherry, Buffalo Stance... which was a curious tie in.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  11. [panics, doesn't know what to do]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr LX: Do not panic, Mr LX, hopefully Wendy will come back with a charade and I will update the main post and we will start again... or I will think of another one to tag on later today. If I'm up to it!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's one:
    opens whole hand 4 fingers and thumb

    Puts hands next to each other, palms facing down, then each hand simulateoasly moves to draw a virtual circle.

    pulls two dining room chairs and places them next to each other facing forward.
    sits on the right hand chair with hands infront, each clasping an invisible something. Then moves the hands slightly up and down keeping the distance between them the same
    Legs stretched forward, feet sticking up, gradually lowering the right foot. Turns to look at the left hand chair.
    Jumps to the left hand chair and waves left arm around, then picks nose, then moves to put both arms around the neck of the invisible person in the other chair and kisses them,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy: Thank you - I will update the main post.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy: Pertinent question - Is it a film, book or play?
    I actually have a hunch that I know what this is.. no can't be!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Wendy!

    Come back Mr LX!!! You don't have to make up a charade, there is a new one up!!
    Where is Nick??? He promised he would play...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  17. dah dah dah di ditee dah dah dah di dee dee de......

    ReplyDelete
  18. after kissing the person in the right hand chair - raises arm and starts patting self on the head Alternately smiling then puckering

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mr Nikos: Are you humming the Dam Busters theme?

    Wendy: Good clue!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mr LX: (((HUGS))) Even Word Verification appears a little stumped by this one.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, very late arrival due to pressing domestic chores. I was baffled by your charade and I'm even more baffled by Wendy's. Have to say I like playing charades but I'm terrible at getting the answers. I think it requires a degree of lateral thinking I don't possess.

    Anyway, where are the Tunnock's Teacakes and the Battenburg?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm miming smoking a cigarette.

    That's right.

    You no Stubbs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It seems to have to do something with driving - the only driving film I know of is "Days of Thunder". It also could be something with an airoplane ... "Flight of the Phoenix", but that are only four words and nobody loves Hardy Krueger ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nick: I have been chained to the oven all afternoon.. an now can provide bakery products... and dunking products... and later there will be fried egg and chips.

    Mr LX: Oh, that is lovely and soothing... thank you, Mr LX.

    Rog: My poor brain!!! It has taken me all afternoon to come up with the reply Aunt Sally!!

    Mr Mags and Dicky: Now then, when Wendy first put up her charade I immediately emailed her and shouted 'Fatal Attraction'!!! I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere... but I kind of thought that if a couple start having a snog whilst driving along then they would be likely to have a fatal accident... yes? Perfect logic, I thought. But I was wrong! How could I be wrong... what with my perfect logic an all?
    In any case, Wendy has now told me the answer... and here is a big clue: CLUE.
    I have to admit... I don't think I would have gotten it unless she'd told me!
    Anyhow... I think it's time for this blogger's bath... and I also need to change my socks...

    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Points at 63Mago when he says 'Driving'

    tries to put the two chairs on acouple of baxes to make them a bit higher

    ReplyDelete
  26. Driving Miss Daisy!!!!

    Yes..I kow another horrifically WRONG answer. What can I say, when there's sherry on the go...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Every which way but loose???

    Re-fills sherry

    ReplyDelete
  28. YES!!! You are correct, Macy!!!
    I am knackered now, but please play on in this comment box if you like. Macy's turn.... though it seems she's hit the sherry...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't think Macy should be drinking prior to hosting this evening's snooker.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Roger Scarlet and Nigger*. Rad doors to auto, TTFN


    *Guy's pet dog who will be renamed Barack in the forthcoming Holywood remake

    ReplyDelete
  31. ...and let's not forget the midnight table tennis tournament....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yes.... I did read about that controversial name change, Mr Nikos.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Damn... I thought it might have been
    "Driving with boys in cars"
    they all pick their nose and grope like an orang-utan...

    ReplyDelete
  34. True! They do Princess.
    I was way off the mark with Fatal Attraction...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do like parlour games. How about a nice rousing game of Articulate or Guess Who?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I missed all the fun, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  37. *blast it all*

    i missed the game, too

    AND

    i haven't blogged!


    nor have even

    answered anyone.

    *sigh*
    *double sigh*


    and i am not going to even ask about the name change thing.


    xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  38. Mitzi: I would be rubbish at Articulate - but I love it. I have also played a phonetic word game, which would suit Rog down to the ground. I was rubbish at that as well.

    Eryl: When I'm stuck for a posting I will play charades agin... it may become a permanent feature.

    Savvy: I tell you, this daily blogging lark is knackering. I'm deeply appreciative of the commenters who've stuck with me.
    Am looking forward to a break on Wednesday!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pat: Good God, where?!

    Which post am I on???

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just to prove that time travel is possible, I shot forward to tomorrow and through association with the offering that you will be providing I believe your charade is spotty dog from the wooden tops....it was your wooden acting that gave it away...OK so spotty dog is not a film or play and it would have helped if you had mime written “The whole thing”...

    ReplyDelete